Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shut it.

Source: tumblr.com via Andrea on Pinterest



This is exactly what I told myself yesterday as I ran for 30min. For some reason, I felt like I was running through sand...maybe the over-indulgence from the Super Bowl?

So, I ran a half-marathon in November, with pretty much ZERO training. I quickly lost my running companions to the middle of the pack, and after running the first 5 miles (a new record for me) I walk/ran the rest of the way. Did I mention it was pouring? My posture was terrible, I had back spasms afterwards, but I finished in just over 3hrs. Funny now, how running for 30 minutes defeats me.

I have another half scheduled for June, and yesterday's 30min was the serious start of re-training myself how to run. I've realized I'm not just training my body, but training my mind to shut the hell up. I've done this before, I can do it again. I NEED to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment