|Seriously, what were we thinking? Last time I match wall color to my eyes.|
First up on the list is the main bath. It's a 1999-2000 time capsule, complete with bright brass fixtures Emily Henderson wouldn't even approve of, and a hexagon sink. We don't have a ton on money to spend, so spray paint will be our best friend and take care of brassy knobs and handles.
Here's what we're working with :
Sorry about the bad iPhone pics - you're going to need to get over that quick. I have a point and shoot, but rarely find myself inspired AND prepared at the same time.
Anyway. We don't have a ton of money to spend (who does) but this room desperately needs a facelift. As the main bathroom in the house, it needs to be fun and whimsical to appeal to our daughter, but not too childish. Can't have our guest wiping their butts to a sing-a-long toilet paper dispenser. Here's the game plan:
1. Leave chair rail, but replace wallpaper with a more fresh and sophisticated pattern
2. Refinish forest green countertop
3. Paint brass fixtures with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint
4. Replace light fixture
5. Rip out shower enclosure. Ick.
6. Refinish tub and surround
7. Thrift/DIY bathroom appropriate art.
Stay tuned. I've been pinning like a mad woman, follow me for inspiration sneak peeks.